Tuesday

Demi Lovato Thanks Fans In 'Stay Strong' Special

'I remember, 'You're nothing without this person,' ' she says during documentary, airing at 10 p.m. ET/PT today (March 6) on MTV.
By Jocelyn Vena


Demi Lovato in "Demi Lovato: Stay Strong"
Photo: MTV

Demi Lovato certainly inspires her fans to be who they are and make no apologies for it. During her MTV special, "Demi Lovato: Stay Strong," airing at 10 p.m. ET/PT today (March 6) on MTV, the singer/actress opens up about her connection to her Lovatics, and how they inspire her as much as she inspires them.

"Every time someone asks me for a picture or an autograph, even if I'm having a bad day and I'm in a bad mood, I remember, 'You're nothing without this person,' " she says during the documentary. "They make it special."

At a tour stop, one fan tells Lovato that she inspired her to not wear her wig and just embrace who she is. The young woman tells the singer, "Keep being awesome."

Later during her performance, Lovato recalls meeting the fan and invites her to come onstage to sing. "Give it up to my friend who inspired me earlier," she tells the room of screaming Lovatics, with her special fan at her side.

Her fans are a big part of "Stay Strong," voicing their own testimonials about how they found strength in Lovato, her story and her music. "My fans have been really receptive towards me. They've really welcomed me into their arms after everything I've been through, so I'm really thankful for them," she told MTV News. "They also stand by my side and support me no matter what, which is an amazing feeling."

She's set to welcome fans into her life when "Stay Strong" debuts today (March 6) at 10 p.m. ET/PT on MTV, followed by a live Q&A with the star during "The After Show" at 11 p.m. ET/PT.

"I've just been working at it a day at a time and have been trying to continue to fight my hardest," she told MTV News. "And I've had my ups and downs, and I'm still trying, but overall, it's been a really great journey, and I'm thankful for everything that I've been through."

Don't miss "Demi Lovato: Stay Strong," debuting at 10 p.m. ET/PT today (March 6) on MTV.

Related Videos Related Photos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1680498/demi-lovato-thanks-fans-stay-strong-special.jhtml

Sarah Silverman Katharine Towne Alicia Keys Emmanuelle Vaugier