Tuesday

Michelle Dockery's Glammed Up Harper's Bazaar September 2012 Feature

With her hit show "Downton Abbey" set to premiere it's third season this fall, Michelle Dockery scored herself a feature in the September 2012 issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine.

The 30-year-old actress donned designer dresses from the likes of J. Mendel and Alberta Ferretti for the elegant Benjamin A. Huseby shot spread while dishing about everything from staying fit to being in Downton Abbey.

Highlights from Miss Dockery's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to pay a visit to Harper's Bazaar!

On being cast in Downton Abbey:
?Until then I?d played much more vulnerable parts, but I remember coming out of the audition, and Dan Stevens [who plays Mary?s handsome love interest, Matthew, and with whom Dockery previously appeared in the TV movie The Turn of the Screw] was in the waiting room. I said, ?Who are you up for?? and he said, ?Matthew.? I walked out and thought, Oh, that could work.?

On who her character would be in the modern world:
?She?d be in charge, her own boss. She?d have married very well and maybe had kids, but I don?t think she?d be particularly maternal. She?d definitely have help.? As for what Lady Mary would wear: ?Armani. Simple, clean.?

On working out:
?Once you?re in costume, you can?t really exercise in a corset. I wore a lingerie one to a fancy-dress party years ago. I have photos somewhere that I think I will destroy.?

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/michelle-dockery/michelle-dockerys-glammed-harpers-bazaar-september-2012-feature-709648

Aki Ross Amanda Peet Rachel Hunter Tamala Jones